Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: Springfield Armory fit & finish

Springfield Armory fit & finish

I was looking at a Springfield Armory Loaded in SS with bomar sight at the gun shop saterday on 09/15/12 & noticed that the slide stinks out past the frame where they go together at the grip safety below where the extractor goes on that side & on the other side as well & they wanted $ 919 dollers for it. I'm sorry but for that price it shouldn't have any flaws espicalley coming from a company like Springfield Armory. I don't if it was because they are trying to keep up with orders is why it look that way or if it because there have gone down on there quality all I know is that I have seen guns for $ 400 to 500 dolllers & they didn't have any flaws Springfield Armory better get on the ball our there lose there business to someone else. oh the frame had the letters nm or mn I forgot how the letters go any way that poor quality if you ask me.

Founding Member (First 100) chpar4's Avatar

Re: Springfield Armory fit & finish

Yep, i had a loaded SS two tone. The slide was off from day one. Sent it back 3 times. Finally got rid of it. Just picjed up a Smith & Wesson E series. Fantastic fit and finish. Im in love all over again.

I don't own a Springfield, but have handled a few at gun stores/gun shows & have not seen this problem. A Springfield is on my wish list, specifically their "Mil-Spec" so I'll be sure to look out for this.

Dad's officer size came over yesterday for it's second range session and front sight fell off. Looks like a set screw fell off. Less than 100 rounds.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Springfield has a good rep for quality but anyone one can have a bad one get out. Is kinda odd though that trouble seems to come in bunches. Maybe it's just the fact that a lot of folks don't go to a forum for fun & 'chit chat', but just want to get a problem solved & when they post, it prompts others to do the same?

I do remember dry firing Springfield Mil-Spec once that had a horrible trigger. The sales guy said that was typical & they could fix it for me for $40. They were already about $50 high on the price, so I just passed.

I personally like Dad's Springfield and wish I could afford one. A screw falling out of the sight was a minor problem and easily fixed. Now if he would let me borrow it long enough to thoroughly test it then I could make an honest evaluation and sure it would perform nicely. His is very nice as far as fit & finish goes. I do have to rag on it due to the price as when you pay more money you expect more.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Well my 45 Collection is of course American Classic My Colts run from a USGI 1941 Colt up thru around 2009 I have been buying Colts for a long time. I have a early Detonics and my most expensive is a 2007 Dan Wesson bobtail. It is the most expensive 1911 I own cost me $900 back then . Makes me look like a expert at the range.
    1911's copies that I had that were trouble Para Ord and a Llama . Neither were relieable Para went back and they changed about every thing but the grips . Still junk.

I forgot I bought 1 Springfield had on layaway . Went end to pay off and pick up . New Colt in show case . Colt went home Springfield replaced it in case.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

I'm a happy owner of my new Springfield 1911,still got to get to know it.
    Good health is a gift,bad judgement can be death to it.

Jennings 32 Cal.Auto.
    EAA,.38/357 Magnum Double Action Revolver 6 Shots
    Taurus,.38 SPL +P Polymer Revolver 5 Shots
    Cobar .38 Special Stack Barrel Derringer
    Glock42 380 Cal. Auto.
    S&W M&P 40 Cal. Shield Auto.
    S&W 40VE Cal. Auto.