Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: the difference

the difference

what is the difference between American classic 11 and the AC classic government 11?

Re: the difference

Hi,
    I think only the engraving "American Classic" on the left side is the difference, it is now a lot smaller near the slide stop, on their site they did not update photo for the Government, but i have seen one at the end of 2016 last year at my gunsmith dealer freshly recepted, and it was like this. The built Specifications are the same of the oldest production, quality and big deal is always there !!!

yea I saw a bunch of pics on gun pro .com, I was curious thanks I will end up with ac11.
    thanks

When I bought mine, "Government" indicated the no frills model which some folks would call the "GI" model. The Deluxe II had all the bells & whistles that Metro Arms offered. Some use "government" to indicate full sized, as opposed to commander size.

Just checking Davidson's line up, no "Government II" is shown, in fact no GI style is shown at all. My original AC was the Government model because I prefer the spur hammer & standard controls. I probably wouldn't own the Deluxe, except mine lost the front sight & they couldn't repair it, so upgraded me to the Deluxe II under warranty.

I just checked Eagle's website & no "Classic Government II" is shown. They have the "Classic Series" with the no frills Government model picture & The Classic II series which has the combat hammer, extended slide release & thumb safety.
    Last edited by mitchr; March 1st, 2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I have an American Classic II Deluxe with all the bells and whistles.
    Roll marked American Classic II on one side, and Government model on the order side.

It was part of the first shipment Eagle released, No Metro logo on the slide. I was trying to get a SN below 199, but got a 208.

Last edited by R.C.; March 2nd, 2017 at 09:37 PM.

Mine, a much later model with S/N starting in "A" & 5 digits. also has American Classic II on left side, along with the "M" logo on the left rear of the slide & nothing on the right side, except the "M" also at the rear of the slide.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

The Government model is more akin to the military M1911-A1. The AC Classic II has the modern upgrades.
    qwiksdraw

Quote Originally Posted by qwiksdraw View Post
    The Government model is more akin to the military M1911-A1. The AC Classic II has the modern upgrades.
    So true, but the thing that confuses the sheeple is the AC II has that Government Model roll mark like the photos above.

They may have changed that in more recent productions. But it was confusing to people who weren't up on mill spec 1911's.

To add to the confusion, dealers, etc in their ads may use old terminology or a combination of new & old & sometimes outright misleading. Best example is Buds listing the American Classics in with the Bersas. I assume they still doas I haven't been on their sight in a couple years.

Was simpler when they made the Government, The Classic II & the Commander, either blue or hard chrome. With all the new models & configurations that Metro Arms has come out with, makes it hard for my little pea brain to keep track of them.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist