Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to me duo-tone commander

Re: new to me duo-tone commander

BTW a good read for everyone is 1911's corner right here on the forum. The "recoil spring is covered in:

Part 1

Part 2

And 'Mo
    Certified Armed Infidel

wilson combat recoil spring.jpg
    wow this is a tight fit. about 1/2 to 3/4 inch longer than stock. will be shooting it tomorrow hope this fixes it.

Ok took it out and shot it this morning. The new spring solved most of the problem (brass is landing about 4-5 feet away and rounds 1-7 shoot perfect but) the last round out of the gun just sits on top of the magazine. I'm thinking time to look at the extractor or new magazines. The magazines are not locking the slide back dependably on the last round, so I think I am going to use a magazine from a friend to test before I buy any. Do you guys think the extractor would cause the last round issue?
    Thanks in advance,
    Bill

It's possible the extractor is the problem. If the head of the last round isn't being pushed up behind the hook, could mean it's too tight. The mag spring is strong enough to push the first rounds into place, but as the spring becomes less compressed, it doesn't exert as much pressure.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

took it by a local gunsmith and he checked it out and the FPS is extremely loose causing the extractor to cock. he thinks that that is the issue combined with weak magazine springs. So I'm ordering an oversized FSP and magazine spring and follower kits to upgrade my magazines. he gave me a price of 50-60 dollars to fit the FSP and tune the extractor, go thru the trigger and clean it up, and tune the magazines (what ever that means). But he will test fire and ensure everything works correctly.

Probably $$ well spent. Then it should shoot as good as it looks.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar

Nice looking pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO/NRA Member

Sounds like $$ well spent if you can't do it yourself. Magazine springs are kindda soft but I would just buy more mags instead of ACT mags that come with it. Save those for range time.

As for trigger....I haven't seen anything but great triggers on these. A little KG-12 on dear,trigger and hammer parts feels like a trigger job. Wouldn't want it any lighter.

Don't want to sound like a broken record but Tuner's Corner should be a mandatory read for 1911 owners ;poke;
    Certified Armed Infidel

Thanks Big City Chief and gt I have just found the Tuners Corner will read it soon. I got my FPS and did the fitting myself and it came out good. No more extractor clocking and no movement at all. will try to get to the range this evening and see how it works now. I have ordered 2 Wilson combat magazines also.

;thumbs up; Good choices on the mags and sounds good on fps. If needed I believe tuner gave info for tuning the extractor if needed.
    Certified Armed Infidel