Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger SR1911

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Re: Ruger SR1911

On the sr1911 it is as discreeat as it can be and is on the bottom of the frame
    None of my other 1911 has or needs all that. Why does Ruger . With all the other 1911's on market . People don't really pay any attention to them. BUT Ruger makes one and the world stops Ruger has a 1911 and they start selling at over retail can't get .
    Their not all that great Just another 1911 . In order of price I would buy a American Classic , Colt, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown , then Wilson. I own the first 3 now working on saving for a Brown and have changed out internal parts of a Colt for Wilson parts.

I won't have a floats on water all bow down to a Ruger. Guess Ruger got tired of copying KelTec and jumped on the copy 1911 wagon.
    As I have said Ruger makes a nice SA cowboy pistol(Colt copies) and nice single shot rifles. I own a 10/22 MKII 22 pistol and a old 357 Blackhawk left to me by my father. (That why still have it.) The first two 22's are from early 80's survialist era.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

Founding Member (First 100)

The Ruger 1911 is a great pistol for the money as long as you don't spend a thousand bucks on it. There Super redhawks are just about the strongest pistols made. The GP-100 is a fantastic pistol that will be shooting long after a S&W has rattled loose. There 10/22 is a fantastic little rifle that can and has been modified more than just about any gun in history. If people would read what really happened to Ruger they wouldn't be so quick to put them down. I love Ruger's product line and have several of there guns including but not limited to the ones I just mentioned. Her's a reveiw from a great gunsmith.

http://www.1911addicts.com/showthrea...-SR1911-Review

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Seems he found lot of little things wrong I know a production pistol but lot of items he said needed corrected.

Sorry just not a Ruger fan. They just junped on the 1911 band wagon to make money . That's the American Way but not getting my Money
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

I like Rugers, some at least. The ones the design are usually very nice, reliable, and overbuilt. The Blackhawk, Redhawk, GP100. and Sp101 designs are excellent shooters and will last the average shooter a lifetime of shooting the heaviest magnums. Same thing can be said about many of their autopistols, they are not svelte works of art, they just work and work. What I don't care for is when Ruger copies like they did with the Kel Tec line. They have all the tools, workmen and talent to do it right, there is no excuse not to. And no excuse to simply copy another line. The exception is probably the 1911 since everyone makes one it is hard to fault them for doing it too. I would look hard at their 1911, bt not until it was a year or two old to shake out wrinkles.

I did buy the Ruger SR 1911 last year.
    GREAT gun! 100% flawless performance so far, super accurate... a keeper.
    Think 699.00, got 400.00 trade for my American Classic Deluxe.

Buy one you won't be sorry. Don't forget all USA made.

VIP Site Supporter BigCityChief's Avatar
    I agree. Here's mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired LEO/NRA Member