Welcome to the Metro Arms 1911 Forum Archives.

Metro Arms and BersaChat have teamed up.
Please sign up and join us at our main website, Bersa Chat, http://bersachat.com

Thread: FIRE AT DAN WESSON

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

FIRE AT DAN WESSON

Fire at Dan Wesson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dan Wesson Firearms plant in Norwich, NY was significantly damaged by a fire on Wednesday, November 14. All employees successfully evacuated the building and one employee is reported to have suffered burns not requiring hospitalization.

The fire is believed to have started in the basement and is speculated to have been electrical in nature. While the fire was primarily contained to the assembly department, the entire facility experienced significant water and smoke damage.

The facility is expected to remain closed through the end of 2012. Updates will be posted to www.cz-usa.com.

Dan Wesson Firearmsí parent company, CZ-USA in Kansas City, will be handling customer inquiries during the closure, but as our subject matter experts will be involved in getting the facility back up and running, we do ask for patience and understanding over the next few months. Dan Wesson parts and warranty claims will experience delays during this period. Orders placed through CZ-USA for new firearms have not been lost or cancelled and will ship as soon as possible when production resumes.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

That's bad that was a beautiful looking building they were in.

I am glad both of my Dan Wessons operate flawlessly. No need for warranty work in the foreseeable future.

Sent from the ZOO using Tapatalk 2

Re: FIRE AT DAN WESSON

Maybe they should move manufacturing to a gun friendly state less prone to electrical problems/ Kansas is good, CZ already there.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Re: FIRE AT DAN WESSON

Their back up and running I understand . So guess stay where they were.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"You call 911, I will call on 1911"

"Hokey religions and plastic glocks are no match for a good 1911 at your side, kid."

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?